So last year I took on the crazy idea of running the Liverpool Marathon. It was a bet that I made so I had to stick to it! On having never run in my life I had just 8 months to get from no running to being able to get around the marathon course. I am very pleased to say that I did make it round albeit slowly i.e 7 hrs but get round I did!
In the course of those months I did make friends with several good runners and it did make me feel disappointed that 7 hrs was the best I could do. I was also disappointed that not one pound did I lose! So this year I've decided that I'm going to make a real effort and improve myself and actually put in some effort. I made a New Year Resolution to myself that I would get out more and pay attention to what I eat so I can back to my former shape and in the process help me run better.
At the moment I'm more of a plodder, my aim is to finish a 10K race in an hour or less which for me would be a massive improvement. I've joined the Marathontalk.com Jantastic event which is where you have to promise to run at least 3 times a week even if its only a mile at a time. This is good motivation for me as its a bit of competition too!
Any motivation or tips gratefully received....
No comments:
Post a Comment